A Chinese Course Coach is Chinese-language teaching assistant, tutor and mentor all combined. You help out as a teaching assistant in the classroom, you tutor students outside of class and you serve as a mentor both inside and outside the classroom.
Requirements: 5 hours/per week
- Go to all non-Flagship 100-200 classes and help out in the classroom as needed
- Hold tutoring hours open to all Chinese students
- You are a Chinese major
- You have completed at least two 300-level CHN courses or above with an A.
- You have the experience of study abroad in China.
- You have very good pronunciation!
- You are currently taking Chinese.
You will be paid for five hours of work a week.
Please send an email to Professor Wen Xiong (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a very brief paragraph explaining why you would like to become a Course Coach by Monday Jan 28.