We are pleased to announce that the application is now open and due December 1 for Spring 2015 admission to the Chinese Flagship Program.
Who is eligible?
- Students at any level of Chinese from any major who are
- Honors-eligible = Min. GPA of 3.3
- committed to long-term study on campus and in China - Flagship students typically complete the Capstone Year in China in the 4th year
- have professional goals related to China and the Chinese language
Apply online at http://web.uri.edu/
chineseflagship/getting-in/ by December 1
- Application form
- Personal statement in English
- Chinese writing sample
- 3 letters of recommendation - at least one from a Chinese instructor
Want to learn more? Attend a Flagship Information Session:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to Flagship students at Chinese Tea & Conversation Hour today and every Friday 4:30-5:30 in Hillside Lounge.
Students currently enrolled in CHN 101 or 102 who are admitted to Flagship will be expected to participate in the FREE Flagship Winter Immersion Program January 5-16 here on campus. Students at higher levels of Chinese will be assessed for proficiency and placed at the appropriate level on an individual basis.--