Dear Students of Chinese:I hope that the first week back has gone smoothly. Please see below for important upcoming events and deadlines. You are all invited to attend the networking event on the 12th, but are asked to please RSVP by Tuesday, 9/10 (details below):
- 4:30-6:00 PM in Hillside Hall, Grand Lounge.
- For ALL students of Chinese, regardless of class year.
- Network with faculty who teach Asian Studies courses, faculty who conduct research in China or Taiwan, and Chinese-speaking faculty from a variety of academic disciplines campus-wide.
- Refreshments will be served.
- Please RSVP here! (Full link: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/ 1MLrhRuhbXlntPwRN3IjjUdEq9ZsNm bp2t81GHOF37ms/viewform)
Mon., 9/16: U.S./International Career Preparation Workshop I
- 5:00-7:00 PM, IEP House Living Room (67 Upper College Rd.)
- For all students of Chinese, regardless of class year.
- DB and IEP/Chinese Flagship staff will lead this workshop.
- Learn how to write effective resumes and cover letters in both American and international styles, and how to prepare for interviews and assessment centers in the U.S. and abroad.
- Learn how to start your resume in different formats for different purposes (jobs/countries), then bring your completed resume to Workshop II for feedback.
- Pizza will be provided.
- Must be a Pell Grant recipient.
- Up to $5,000 (an additional $3,000 for critical languages like Chinese) for study abroad.
- Attend an Information Session on Campus: Sept. 9, 11, 19, 24
- Application Deadline: Oct. 1 for spring 2014
- Register for COM 310 Chinese Hollywood - Through the Lens of Visual Literacy
- Meets Mondays 12:00-3:00 PM this semester.
- Fulfills Chinese major requirements.
- See flyer attached.