Please note the following upcoming events and deadlines for funding to study in China next summer or academic year. Stay connected: Visit the Flagship blog and like us on Facebook.
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
Nov. 12-15: International Education Week
- Apply for or renew your passport on campus!
- Meet with Peace Corps Reps!
- Learn about international study and scholarship opportunities!
- And more!
Tues., 11/12: URI Fellowships Info Session: Goldwater Scholarship
- 3:30pm, Lippitt 303
- For sophomores and juniors with 3.75+ GPA interested in research and majoring in the sciences, engineering, computer science, or math
- All Students 3pm, Lippitt 402
- Flagship Students: 4:30pm, TI House Living Room, 61 Upper College Rd.
- Representative from the Institute of International Education (IIE) will be visiting URI to discuss details about the Boren Awards for International Study, which fund foreign language study abroad in areas of the world which are critical US interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
- These sessions will provide undergraduate and graduate students with essential information needed to determine interest, eligibility and suitability for this competitive scholarship program as well as information about the campus application process.
- 3-4pm, Lippitt Hall 402
- Kathleen Maher, Assistant Director for National Fellowships in the URI Honors Program, will provide an overview of several international opportunities, including the Boren Scholarship, Critical Language Scholarship, DAAD Scholarships, Demers Foreign Language Fellowship, Fulbright Program, Gilman Scholarship, Metcalf Scholarship, and Whitaker International Program
- More National Fellowships & Scholarships Info Sessions:
Fri., 11/15: Critical Language Scholarships Application Deadline
- The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program offers fully-funded summer language institutes for U.S. university students and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State.
- Available for study of Chinese (intermediate or advanced level) and other critical languages (If you are in 103 or higher now, consider applying!)
- More info: www.CLScholarship.org
Mon., 11/18: URI Fellowships Info Session: Udall Scholarship
- 3:30-4:30pm, Lippitt Hall 303
- Targeted to sophomores and juniors (or students who have at least one full academic year of study remaining) committed to careers related to the environment (e.g., science, policy, engineering, economics), tribal public policy, or Native American health care
- More info: http://www.udall.gov/Our
Tues., 12/10: Demers Foreign Language Fellowship Info Session
- 3:30-4:30pm, Swan Hall Auditorium
- Targeted to students from any field of study dedicated to foreign
language learning and interested in studying abroad to
pursue foreign language proficiency
- More info: http://www.rifoundation.org/Sc
holarships/ScholarshipFellowsh ipOpportunities/BeatriceSDemer sForeignLanguageFellows/tabid/ 838/Default.aspx
Other Scholarships for Study in China:
Chinese Tea Time: Bring a Friend and Join Us on Mondays!
Join your fellow students, faculty, and native speakers from around campus for an hour of informal conversation in Chinese. Come with a friend! See flyer on the blog.
- Mondays from 3:30-4:30 PM!
- Hillside Residence Hall Main Lounge (Chinese LLC)
- Tea and snacks will be provided.
Do you have ideas for tea time themes? Send them to email@example.com!