Position: Reading Room Assistant
Department: Confucius Institute
Location: Confucius Institute Conference Room at the University Library, Kingston Campus
Expected working hours: 5-10 hours per week for spring semester 2015; need to be able to work after 4:00 p.m.
Position Description: The Reading Room holds a collection of books and multimedia materials in Chinese language serving the community of the University of Rhode Island. The Reading Room Assistant will support the Reading Room’s daily operation and maintenance by providing assistance to guests, maintaining regulations, sorting materials and cataloging.
- URI undergraduate student
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer operating skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (English and Mandarin)
The Reading Room Assistant provides support to the Reading Room daily operation and maintenance by:
- Receiving visitors to the Reading Room
- Explaining the Reading Room regulations to visitors
- Helping visitors with inquiries and book searches
- Monitoring activities in the Reading Room
- Completing borrowing and returning procedures for visitors
- Sending due date email reminder
- Assisting in sorting and cataloging of new materials: numbering and labeling
Application Process: The applicant will need to submit a resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) through email. Interview will be scheduled upon receipt of the application. The interview procedure consists of a preliminary and a final interview with director of Confucius Institute. Applicants will be informed promptly whether they are eligible to move on to the next stage. Applications must be submitted before Feb. 27th, 2015.
Contact: Qian Xie, coordinator of Confucius Institute at URI
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 401-874-4791
Please feel free to ask any questions about this position