Below you will find several events, scholarships, and other opportunities. Click the numbered headings to go to the Flagship blog for more information and visit us on Facebook.
Looking for something interesting to do this weekend and early next week? Check out these on- and off-campus events:
- Tomorrow, February 23: URI Chinese New Year Celebration: Chinese Culture Exhibition (3:30pm), Dinner Reception (4:30pm), and Performance (6:30pm)
- Ending February 24: Comics Exhibitions at the Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA) in NYC
- Monday, February 25 (4pm): Opening Reception of the photo-text exhibit "In Our Family" created by the award-winning Family Diversity Projects
Upcoming Scholarship Deadlines:
- March 1: URI Chinese Studies Scholarships -- Including Flagship Summer & Capstone Year Scholarships, Hasbro Scholarships (for engineering & business students studying Chinese; priority given to IEP & IBP students), URI Confucius Institute Chinese Studies Scholarships (for all URI Chinese language students). If you are planning on participating in the Flagship Chinese Institute at Indiana University, the URI Chinese Summer School, CIEE Accelerated Chinese Langauge Program in Shanghai, the U of O's Harbin Program, or any other program this summer or during the 2013-14 academic year, be sure to apply!
- March 5: Gilman Scholarship -- For U.S. Citizens receiving a Pell Grant for study in China during Summer 2013 or AY 2013-14 -- up to $8,000!
- Visit the blog for more scholarship opportunities.
Live in the Chinese Wing of the IEP House Next Year!
- Applications due March 15.
- Live with other Chinese Flagship, IEP & IBP students, as well as exchange students from China!
- Contact Angela Graney with questions or to apply.
- Do you know an exceptional professor, staff member, or researcher at URI who goes above and beyond his or her responsibilities to enhance the objectives of a department and the University? Who approaches the job with creativity, imagination, dedication, and humanism?
- Nominate her/him for the 2013 URI Foundation Excellence Award!
Are you highly proficient in technical Chinese?
- A local company seeks a part-time Technical Chinese Translator with expertise in chemical and/or mechanical engineering.
- Contact email@example.com if interested.
If you have friends who are interested in jumpstarting their Chinese this summer, encourage them to apply to the URI Chinese Summer School!
- Early Action Deadline: March 1
- Final Deadline: April 1
- Special hybrid course option for engineering students: ISE 240 Manufacturing Processes & Systems with Factory Tours in China
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Graduating? Check out these scholarship opportunities for graduate and/or language study in Taiwan.
Have a wonderful weekend, and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the Chinese New Year Celebration!